The Los Angeles Dodgers (36-27) open a 3-game set against the Philadelphia Phillies (30-32) Friday. First pitch from Citizens Bank Park is 7:05 p.m. ET.
Season series: Dodgers lead 3-0
The Dodgers snapped a 4-game losing streak Thursday with a 6-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. LHP Clayton Kershaw scattered 5 hits and 2 walks while striking out 9 over 7 innings to pick up his 8th win of the year. L.A. needed the victory after it dropped the first two games of a 6-game road trip with losses on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Phillies enter the series riding a 5-game winning streak although that started on the heels of a 5-game losing skid. Philadelphia closed out a 3-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers with a 3-2 victory Thursday.
Dodgers at Phillies projected starters
RHP Michael Grove vs. LHP Ranger Suarez
Grove (0-2 8.14 ERA) makes his 6th start. He has a 1.52 WHIP 3.0 BB/9 and 9.0 K/9 through 21 IP.
- Last start: Loss 5 IP 4 ER 4 H 0 BB 7 K in a 6-3 loss to the New York Yankees Saturday
- MLB debut was against Phillies on May 15 2022: No -decision 3 2/3 IP 4 R (0 ER) 4 H 3 BB 3 K in a 5-4 home win
Suarez (1-2 5.47 ERA) makes his 6th start. He has a 1.54 WHIP 2.9 BB/9 and 7.3 K/9 through 24 2/3 IP.
- Last start: Win 7 IP 1 ER 8 H 1 BB 3 K in an 11-3 road win vs. the Washington Nationals Sunday
- Career vs. Dodgers: 3-2 with 4.08 ERA over 3 starts and 3 relief appearances
Dodgers at Phillies odds
- Moneyline (ML): Dodgers -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Phillies -110 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Dodgers -1.5 (+145) | Phillies +1.5 (-175)
- Over/Under (O/U): 9.5 (O: -105 | U: -115)
Dodgers at Phillies picks and predictions
Dodgers 7 Phillies 4
The Dodgers swept the Phillies in Los Angeles from May 1-3 scoring in double digits in each game. They are now 16-17 on the road. L.A. has won 6 of its last 7 games against Philadelphia.
The Phillies have won 5 games in a row and do play well at home where they are 17-10.
This game is a true pick ’em but when it comes to the Dodgers even with their 2-5 record in their last 7 games it is usually best to go with them on the run line instead of the moneyline for better odds as they usually win by multiple runs.
The Dodgers are 35-28 ATS overall this season while the Phillies are 24-38 ATS this season.
Eighteen of the Dodgers’ last 21 victories have been by 2 or more runs and they beat the Phillies by at least 4 runs in each of their 3 previous meetings this season.
BET DODGERS -1.5 (+145).
All 3 games the Dodgers and Phillies played in L.A. finished with totals of 14 runs or more.
Eight of the Dodgers’ last 12 games have had totals of 10 or more runs.
BET OVER 9.5 (-105).