The Chicago Cubs (27-36) and San Francisco Giants (32-31) meet Saturday for the 2nd game of a 3-game series. First pitch from Oracle Park is set for 7:35 p.m. ET (FOX).
Season series: Cubs lead 1-0
Chicago won 3-2 as a +103 road underdog Friday in the series opener. San Francisco held a 1-0 lead off the back of an RBI double in the 3rd inning from 2B Thairo Estrada but the Cubs capitalized on a 3-run 7th inning to secure the victory.
Friday’s game snapped a 4-game losing skid for Chicago and 3-game win streak for San Francisco. The Cubs have won 4 of their last 10 games and are 12-20 on the road while the Giants are 5-5 in their last 10 outings and 17-16 at home.
Cubs at Giants projected starters
RHP Kyle Hendricks vs. RHP John Brebbia
Hendricks (0-2 4.70 ERA) makes his 4th start. He has a 1.50 WHIP 2.9 BB/9 and 7.0 K/9 through 15 1/3 IP.
- Last outing: Loss 6 IP 4 ER 6 H 0 BB 4 K in a 5-0 road loss vs. the San Diego Padres Monday
- Career vs. San Francisco: 5-2 with a 2.29 ERA (63 IP 16 ER) 1.00 WHIP 19 BB 53 K across 10 starts
Brebbia (2-0 3.65 ERA) makes his 6th start and 27th appearance. He has a 1.14 WHIP 2.9 BB/9 and 12.0 K/9 through 24 2/3 IP.
- Last outing: No-decision 1 IP 0 ER 2 H 1 BB 0 K in a 10-4 road win Tuesday vs. Colorado Rockies as an opener
- Career vs. Chicago: 1-2 with a 4.66 ERA (19 1/3 IP 10 ER) 8 BB 18 K 1.40 WHIP across 1 start and 19 relief appearances
- Has yet to pitch more than 1 1/3 inning in any of his 5 starts
Cubs at Giants odds
- Moneyline (ML): Cubs +125 (bet $100 to win $125) | Giants -150 (bet $150 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Cubs +1.5 (-160) | Giants 1.5 (+135)
- Over/Under (O/U): 8.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Cubs at Giants picks and predictions
Giants 4 Cubs 3
LEAN GIANTS (-150).
The Giants are 7-3 in the last 10 meetings with the Cubs and have won two of the last 3 times they’ve squared off. The Cubs have struggled on the road and while the Giants are not a great home team it is still hard for me to believe that they will allow Chicago to come away with back-to-back road games.
The line here simply isn’t worth the juice bet on the moneyline and/or O/U instead.
BET UNDER 8.5 (-105).
Chicago has played to 3 straight Unders and the Under is 9-1 in its last 10 games. The Under is 6-4 in San Francisco’s last 10 games and 3-0 in their last 3 as well.
The Under is also 7-3 in the last 10 meetings overall and 5-0 in the last 5 meetings overall.