The Arizona Coyotes will play the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday night at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Arizona has lost five games in a row, while Philadelphia is on a three game winning streak. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Coyotes vs Flyers prediction.
The Arizona Coyotes are 23-23-4 this year after they lost to Nashville in overtime by a score of 5-4 in their last game. Arizona led 4-2 in the third period, but they allowed Nashville to tie it up and get the win in overtime. The Coyotes were out shot by a total of 37-31 and went 2-4 on the power play in the game. Arizona has also lost to Vegas, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Florida during this losing streak. The Coyotes are scoring 2.94 goals per game and they are allowing 3.10 goals against per game, while going 22.9% on the power play and 78.5% on the penalty kill. Clayton Keller has led Arizona with 21 goals, 27 assists, and 150 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Arizona is Connor Ingram, who is 17-12-2 this season with a 2.76 goals against average and a .912 save percentage.
The Philadelphia Flyers are 28-19-6 this season after they defeated Seattle by a score of 3-2 in their last game. Philadelphia led 2-1 after the first period, but allowed the tying goal in the third, before scoring the game winning goal a few minutes later. The Flyers out shot Seattle by a total of 38-19 and went 1-4 on the power play in the game. Philadelphia defeated Winnipeg by a score of 4-1 and Florida by a score of 2-1 in the two games prior to Seattle. The Flyers are scoring 2.87 goals per game and they are allowing 2.83 goals against per game, while going 13.2% on the power play and 86% on the penalty kill. Travis Konecny has led Philadelphia with 24 goals, 22 assists, and 175 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Philadelphia is Samuel Ersson, who is 14-9-3 this year with a 2.47 goals against average and a .903 save percentage.
Philadelphia Flyers Team Facts
- The Flyers have won nine of their last 10 night games at Wells Fargo Center against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Flyers have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last six games as home favorites.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Flyers’ last six games at Wells Fargo Center.
- The Flyers have won the first period in five of their last six night games at Wells Fargo Center following a win.
Arizona Coyotes Team Facts
- The Coyotes have lost seven of their last eight night games.
- The Coyotes have failed to cover the puck line in four of their last five games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Coyotes have lost the third period in each of their last four games as underdogs against opponents on a winning streak.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in four of the Coyotes’ last five games as underdogs.
Philadelphia Flyers Player Prop Facts
- Sean Couturier has recorded at least one point in each of his last seven appearances with the Flyers as favorites against the Coyotes.
- Sean Couturier has recorded an assist in each of his last eight appearances against the Coyotes.
Arizona Coyotes Player Prop Facts
- Nick Schmaltz has recorded at least one assist in four of his last five appearances against the Flyers.
- Clayton Keller has recorded at least one point in six of the Coyotes’ last seven games as underdogs.
- The Philadelphia Flyers rank 26th in the league for goals per game this season (2.87).
- The Philadelphia Flyers rank 1st in the league in short handed goals this season (12).
- The Arizona Coyotes rank 28th in the league for Period 3 goals scored per game this season (0.84).
- The Arizona Coyotes rank 28th in the league for Period 1 goals allowed per game this season (1.06).
Coyotes vs Flyers Betting Prediction
Arizona comes in this matchup looking to snap their five game losing streak, but they are only 8-13-4 on the road this year. The Coyotes had a great chance to win their last game, but they blew a two goal lead in the third period. Philadelphia is playing very well right now and they have allowed a total of four goals in their last three games. The Flyers are 13-12-2 at home and they have been very solid defensively. Take Philadelphia to win this game by at least two goals.