Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving, Pickswise Nation. We are thankful for another tremendous Thursday of sports, with 3 NFL games to enjoy, and there’s also college football and college basketball action while the NBA and NHL players take the day off, so let’s get straight to making your next holiday bet better.
About Last Night
- Our NBA handicappers went into the Thanksgiving break ahead of the game with a 9-7 night of picks on Wednesday, and cashing 2 of our 3 Best Bets. We also went 2-0 with our NBA player props. Celtics -5 backers suffered a brutal bad beat as the Bucks drained a 3-pointer at the buzzer to lose only 119-116. The Mavericks held off the Lakers to win 104-101 having led by 20 going into the 4th quarter.
- There were some big NHL games on the Wednesday slate, with the Bruins beating the Panthers 3-1, the Golden Knights outlasting the Stars to win 2-1 in OT and the Avalanche finishing strongly to beat the Canucks 5-2.
- Our college basketball cappers went 3-2-1 on Wednesday, cashing our Best Bet of North Carolina -11.5 as the Tar Heels beat Northern Iowa 91-69.
- We have a feast of football for Thanksgiving Day. Our NFL picks begin with the Packers vs Lions matchup at 12:30 pm ET on FOX, followed by Commanders vs Cowboys at 4:30 pm ET on CBS and 49ers vs Seahawks on NBC at 8:20 pm ET.
- There is also college football action with Ole Miss vs Mississippi State at 7:30 pm ET on ESPN. You can read all our NCAAF predictions for the Week 13 games.
- We also have college basketball games including a battle of unbeatens as 4-0 Penn State faces 4-0 Texas A&M at noon. Read today’s college basketball picks.
Best Bet of the Day
NFL: Washington Commanders vs Dallas Cowboys Over 48.5 points (-110)
4:30 pm ET, CBS
The Cowboys are averaging a whopping 40 points per game at AT&T Stadium and their game totals have averaged 52.5 in front of the Dallas faithful. That number should be higher as the bad offenses of the Jets, Patriots and Giants are part of the reason why that total isn’t well into the 60s. And while the Commanders are far from a good team, their offense can produce. The Commanders rank 11th in pass yards per game (245), 6th in rush yards per carry (4.6) and they are top 10 in 4th-down and red-zone conversion rate. Combine that with their last-place 27.7 points allowed per contest and the over is the way to look. Read our full Commanders vs Cowboys predictions.
- All our holiday football content is available via our Thanksgiving Day NFL Betting Guide including our Packers vs Lions Same Game Parlay, Commanders vs Cowboys Same Game Parlay and 49ers vs Seahawks Same Game Parlay.
- You can also check out our NFL power rankings
- We also have an Ole Miss vs Mississippi State Same Game Parlay for tonight’s college football
- Our college football Week 13 Best Bets are ready to read
- We have an article with our college basketball Thanksgiving best bets
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
The 49ers have won their last 9 games against NFC West teams.
Quote of the Day
“Can we stop all the booing and let these guys play? Have a little class. That’s not who we are. Knock off the booing.”
— Spurs coach Gregg Popovich did not want home fans to give Kawhi Leonard any extra motivation and grabbed the PA announcer’s microphone to tell them.