The Philadelphia 76ers (2-2) visit FTX Arena Tuesday to take on the Miami Heat (2-2). Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET. Below, we look at the 76ers vs. Heat Game 5 odds and lines, and make our expert NBA picks, predictions and bets.
Philadelphia was fined for violating injury reporting rules for Game 3 as MVP finalist C Joel Embiid made his return to the court. The 76ers won both home games to even the series.
Embiid allows the Sixers to play bully ball on the interior, freeing up shooters. The typically slow-paced Sixers put up 116 points on the Heat in Game 4 behind 31 points from former MVP G James Harden.
The Heat are led by former Sixers F Jimmy Butler who poured in 40 points in Game 4. G Kyle Lowry and G Tyler Herro combining for 17 points doomed Miami.
The Heat have been unstoppable at home as they’ve gone 5-0 in the playoffs so far. They were 34-12 at home during the regular season, tied for the 4th-best home record in the NBA.
76ers at Heat odds and lines
- Money line: 76ers +133 (bet $100 to win $133) | Heat -165 (bet $165 to win $100)
- Against the spread (ATS): 76ers +3.5 (-110) | Heat -3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under (O/U): 208.5 (O: -115 | U: -107)
76ers at Heat key injuries
- C Joel Embiid (facial fracture) questionable
- F P.J. Tucker (calf) questionable
- G Kyle Lowry (hamstring) questionable
- G Tyler Herro (ankle) questionable
76ers at Heat picks and predictions
Heat 106, 76ers 101
If there is a play here, it’s that the Sixers (+133) money line. That’s more so on the value and the fact this series, with Embiid, should generally have competitive down-to-the-wire games.
That said, I do like the Heat to come out on top and not drop 3 straight contests.