The Miami Heat (2-0) visit Wells Fargo Center Friday to take on the Philadelphia 76ers (0-2) in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET. Below, we look at the Heat vs. 76ers odds and lines, and make our expert NBA picks, predictions and bets.
The Heat come into this game with a commanding 2-0 series lead.
They’ve yet to play against MVP finalist C Joel Embiid, who seemed to be on track to be a game-time decision. The line was at 1.5 then. It’s now blossomed to 3.5 as Embiid has been ruled out.
Miami, one of the few teams with both a top 12 offensive and defensive rating during the regular season, beat the Hawks 4-1 in the first round. The Heat are led by F Jimmy Butler, averaging 26.5 points per game this postseason.
The Sixers have struggled without Embiid. They’ve lost the first 2 games by a combined 30 points. They’ve yet to score over 105 points or shoot over 30% from deep in the series. Philadelphia is led by G Tyrese Maxey, who is averaging 26.5 points per game this series.
Heat at 76ers odds and lines
- Money line: Heat -155 (bet $155 to win $100) | 76ers +125 (bet $100 to win $125)
- Against the spread (ATS): Heat -3.5 (-107) | 76ers +3.5 (-115)
- Over/Under (O/U): 209.5 (O: -112 | U: -108)
Heat at 76ers key injuries
- G Tyler Herro (ankle) questionable
- G Kyle Lowry (hamstring) questionable
- G Max Strus (hamstring) questionable
- F P.J. Tucker (calf) questionable
- C Joel Embiid (facial fracture, concussion) out
Heat at 76ers picks and predictions
Heat 109, 76ers 103
The Miami money line when the value was around -125 was playable, but at the current price, it’s just not worth the risk. Taking the better odds on the spread will be far better bang for your buck.