The Kansas City Royals (25-42) and Los Angeles Angels (33-38) put a lid on a 3-game series at Angel Stadium. Wednesday’s series finale is slated for a 9:49 p.m. ET first pitch. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Royals vs. Angels odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: Kansas City leads 2-0.
The Royals are 5-1 in their last 6 games and a respectable 8-5 in their last 13. Kansas City had a season-high 9 extra-base hits in Tuesday’s 12-11 win over Los Angeles.
The Angels sport a fine .744 OPS in their last 14 games at home. But the Halos are just 2-12 over that span and their ERA in those 14 games is 4.95.
Royals at Angels projected starters
LHP Daniel Lynch vs. RHP Shohei Ohtani
Lynch (3-6, 5.19 ERA) is tabbed for his 13th start of 2022. He has a 1.53 WHIP, 3.8 BB/9 and 9.2 K/9 in 59 IP.
- Logged his best start on over a month last time out: 1 ER, 10K in 5 IP at Oakland June 17. Cranked out a season-high 99 pitches.
- Has allowed 4 or more runs in 4 of his last 6 starts.
Ohtani (5-4, 3.28 ERA) making his 12th start. He has a 1.09 WHIP, 2.2 BB/9 and 11.5 K/9 in 60 1/3 IP.
- Since 2020, has logged a 2.40 ERA, 1.08 WHIP at home.
- Scuffled in back-to-back starts May 26 and June 2 but has allowed just 1R in 13 IP since.
Royals at Angels odds and lines
- Money line: Royals +190 (bet $100 to win $190) | Angels -240 (bet $240 to win $100)
- Run line (RL): Royals +1.5 (-112) | Angels -1.5 (-108)
- Over/Under (O/U): 8.5 (O: -107 | U: -115)
Royals at Angels picks and predictions
Angels 5, Royals 3
Neither end of this proposition has any value PASS.
The Royals could be due some road fatigue, and Ohtani at home makes for some leverage BACK THE ANGELS -1.5 (-108).
Neither offense has been all that strong of late, and both starters have expected-ERA numbers outpacing their surface figures.
TAKE THE UNDER 8.5 (-120).