The Los Angeles Dodgers (18-7) seek to complete a 3-game road sweep in the finale of their series against the Chicago Cubs (9-17) Sunday night. First pitch is 7:08 p.m. ET at Wrigley Field (ESPN). Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Dodgers vs. Cubs odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The Dodgers lead the season series with the Cubs 2-0.
After Friday’s game was postponed because of weather, the Dodgers swept a doubleheader Saturday by 7-0 and 6-2 scores and are riding a 5-game winning streak.
The Cubs have lost 4 games in a row and only have 3 wins in their last 16 games. They have scored more than 2 runs only once in their last 8 games.
Dodgers at Cubs projected starters
RHP Walker Buehler vs. RHP Marcus Stroman
Buehler (3-1, 2.12 ERA) makes his 6th start. He has a 1.11 WHIP, 2.1 BB/9 and 7.9 K/9 in 29 2/3 IP.
- Has not allowed a run in his last 15 IP.
- Has never beaten the Cubs. He’s 0-2 in 5 appearances (4 starts) with a 4.56 ERA.
Stroman (1-3, 5.13 ERA) makes his 6th start. He has a 1.18 WHIP, 2.4 BB/9 and 7.5 K/9 in 26 1/3 IP.
- Picked up his 1st win of the season last Sunday vs. the Milwaukee Brewers. throwing 7 shutout innings with 2 H, 1 BB and 5 K.
- Is 1-0 in 2 career starts against Los Angeles with a 2.77 ERA.
Dodgers at Cubs odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Dodgers -200 (bet $200 to win $100) | Cubs +160 (bet $100 to win $160)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Dodgers -1.5 (-112) | Cubs +1.5 (-108)
- Over/Under (O/U): 7.5 (O: -102 | U: -122)
Dodgers at Cubs picks and predictions
Dodgers 5, Cubs 2
The Dodgers are streaking again and lead all of baseball with a starting pitching ERA of 1.86. They are 8-5 on the road.
The Cubs are 4-10 at home this season and 3-13 in their last 16 games. They are not the team to pick to win, especially against this Dodgers team.
But the line makes this game too pricy to bet the Dodgers PASS.
All 18 of the Dodgers’ wins this season have been by at least 2 runs. They have been favored in every single game so they are 18-7 overall, 18-7 ATS and 18-7 ATS as a favorite.
Nine of the Cubs’ last 13 losses have been by at least 2 runs. So far, they have 2 runs in 2 games against L.A.
Take the DODGERS -1.5 (-112).
Sunday’s projected total is low.
Two of Buehler’s last 3 starts have had totals of fewer than 7 runs. In Saturday’s doubleheader, the totals were 7 and 8 runs.
The Cubs have scored only 11 runs in their last 8 games.
Stroman only has allowed 2 ER in his last 13 IP.
I LEAN UNDER 7.5 (-122).