The Colorado Rockies (16-11) face the Arizona Diamondbacks (14-14) Sunday in the rubber match of their 3-game series. First pitch is 4:10 p.m. at Chase Field. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Rockies vs. Diamondbacks odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The season series is tied 1-1.
The Rockies snapped a 5-game losing skid on the road Saturday with a 4-1 win. They scored all 4 runs in the 9th inning off closer RHP Mark Melancon to pick up the win.
The Diamondbacks had their 4-game win streak ended with Saturday’s loss. They have won 8 of their last 11 games.
Rockies at Diamondbacks projected starters
RHP German Marquez vs. RHP Zac Gallen
Marquez (0-2, 6.92 ERA) makes his 6th start. He has a 1.69 WHIP, 2.1 BB/9 and 6.6 K/9 through 26 IP.
- After allowing only 1 run in 7 innings in his first start of the season, he has given up 4 or more earned runs in every start since.
- Has 19 appearances (18 starts) against the Diamondbacks in his career. He is 5-5 with a 3.98 ERA spanning 106 1/3 innings.
Gallen (1-0, 1.27 ERA) makes his 5th start. He has a 0.70 WHIP, 1.7 BB/9 and 8.0 K/9 through 21 1/3 IP.
- Has only allowed 3 earned runs all season. Two came in his last start, when he went 6 1/3 innings, his longest start of the year.
- Is 2-1 with a 2.48 ERA across 40 IP in 7 career starts against the Rockies.
Rockies at Diamondbacks odds and lines
- Money line (ML): Rockies +130 (bet $100 to win $130) | Diamondbacks -160 (bet $160 to win $100)
- Run line (RL)/Against the spread (ATS): Rockies +1.5 (-165) | Diamondback -1.5 (+133)
- Over/Under (O/U): 7.5 (O: -122 | U: -102)
Rockies at Diamondbacks picks and predictions
Diamondbacks 7, Rockies 4
The Rockies snapped their 5-game losing skid on the road Saturday with a 4-run rally in the 9th inning, but they have mustered only 1 run in the other 16 2/3 innings against Arizona starters in two games.
The Diamondbacks have the second-lowest starting pitching ERA in baseball at 2.33 and Gallen has been great this year.
Marquez has struggled in 4 starts since his first outing of the year.
Take the DIAMONDBACKS (-160).
The Rockies are 14-13 ATS overall this season but 5-6 ATS on the road.
All 6 of their road losses this season have been by 2 or more runs. They have lost by 3 runs or more in each of Marquez’ last 3 starts.
Eight of the Diamondbacks’ 14 wins have been by at least 2 runs.
Take the DIAMONDBACKS -1.5 (+133).
Each of Marquez’ last 4 starts have had totals of more than 10 runs. He alone has allowed 7 runs in each of his last 2 outings.
Two of Gallen’s 4 starts this season have had totals of 9 or more runs.
The Rockies’ bullpen is tied for the highest ERA in baseball at 5.00. Arizona has the fourth-highest at 4.79.
The Rockies should be able to get some runs if Gallen isn’t able to go deep.
Take OVER 7.5 (-122).