The North Carolina Tar Heels (9-3, 1-0 ACC) visit the Boston College Eagles (6-5, 1-0 ACC) in a matchup of ACC rivals at Silvio O. Conte Forum, starting at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 2, 2022. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tar Heels’ ( to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Eagles ().
This article uses betting data valid as of January 1, 2022 at 11:58 PM ET. Find all the up-to-date odds for this contest in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
North Carolina vs Boston College Betting Odds
North Carolina Offense Vs. Boston College Defense
|North Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Boston College Defense|
|78.6 (56)||Points/Gm||61.6 (46)|
|70.3 (141)||Possessions/Game||63.2 (8)|
|47.8 (38)||Field Goal %||43.7 (243)|
|39.2 (16)||3PT %||34.5 (269)|
|54.2 (59)||Effective FG %||50.6 (262)|
|58.0 (39)||True Shooting %||52.9 (245)|
Boston College Offense Vs. North Carolina Defense
|Boston College Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina Defense|
|67.3 (280)||Points/Gm||71.4 (254)|
|63.1 (347)||Possessions/Game||71.2 (233)|
|44.1 (187)||Field Goal %||43.2 (225)|
|35.3 (113)||3PT %||31.4 (118)|
|49.0 (250)||Effective FG %||49.2 (214)|
|53.1 (208)||True Shooting %||51.5 (182)|
North Carolina Betting Insights
- North Carolina is 6-6-0 ATS this season.
- The Tar Heels have covered the spread twice when favored by 7 points or more this season (in seven opportunities).
- In North Carolina’s 12 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total five times.
- In eight of 12 games this season, North Carolina and its opponents have combined to total more than 139.5 points.
- The Tar Heels have an average point total of 151.4 in their contests this year, 11.9 more points than this game’s over/under.
Boston College Betting Insights
- Boston College has compiled a 7-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have covered the spread when playing as at least 7-point underdogs in two of two games this year.
- Boston College’s games have hit the over five out of 12 times this year.
- Boston College has combined with its opponent to score more than 139.5 points only twice this season.
- Eagles games this season have had an average of 131.0 points, 8.5 fewer points than this game’s point total.
North Carolina Key Players
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in points and rebounds. He averages 15.1 points per game while also adding 9.8 rebounds.
- The squad is led in assists by Caleb Love’s 3.7 per game.
- Love makes 1.9 treys per game to lead the Tar Heels.
- Love leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Bacot collects 1.7 blocks a game to pace North Carolina.
Boston College Key Players
- Demarr Langford Jr owns the Eagles top spot in scoring with 12.1 points per game and also tacks on 4.8 rebounds and 2.3 assists per contest.
- T.J Bickerstaff (7.6 rebounds per game) and Makai Ashton-Langford (3.4 assists per game) are the Boston College leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Jaeden Zackery makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, averaging 1.4 treys per game.
- Zackery tops Boston College in steals with 1.5 per game, and Quinten Post leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.