The Bucknell Bison (3-9, 0-0 Patriot) will visit the Boston University Terriers (9-4, 0-0 Patriot) after losing seven road games in a row. The matchup tips at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 1, 2022. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Terriers’ ( to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Bison ().
This article uses betting data updated as of January 1, 2022 at 7:58 AM ET. Find all the current odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Boston University vs Bucknell Betting Odds
Boston University Offense Vs. Bucknell Defense
|Boston University Offense||Stats (Rank)||Bucknell Defense|
|69.2 (249)||Points/Gm||81.1 (351)|
|64.1 (338)||Possessions/Game||71.8 (255)|
|44.8 (156)||Field Goal %||44.6 (279)|
|35.6 (99)||3PT %||33.5 (227)|
|52.2 (121)||Effective FG %||51.2 (282)|
|56.3 (90)||True Shooting %||54.3 (299)|
Bucknell Offense Vs. Boston University Defense
|Bucknell Offense||Stats (Rank)||Boston University Defense|
|72.3 (180)||Points/Gm||64.2 (88)|
|72.3 (69)||Possessions/Game||65.7 (35)|
|44.3 (178)||Field Goal %||43.1 (217)|
|35.9 (83)||3PT %||31.8 (135)|
|51.5 (151)||Effective FG %||48.5 (182)|
|55.8 (112)||True Shooting %||52.3 (219)|
Boston University Betting Insights
- Boston University has won six games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing six times.
- The Terriers have not covered the spread when favored by 10.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Boston University’s games have gone over the point total five out of 12 times this season.
- Boston University and its opponents have scored more than 141.5 points in three of 12 games this season.
- Terriers games this season have had an average of 131.9 points, 9.6 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Bucknell Betting Insights
- Bucknell has covered 10 times in 12 matchups with a spread this year.
- The Bison have been an underdog by 10.5 points or more four times this year, and covered the spread each time.
- So far this season, eight out of Bucknell’s 12 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Bucknell’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 141.5 points in nine of 12 outings.
- The average total for Bison games this season has been 149, 7.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Boston University Key Players
- Sukhmail Mathon leads the Terriers in both rebounds (nine per game) and assists (2.2 per game).
- Boston University’s scoring leader is Javante McCoy, who averages 17.2 points per game.
- The Terriers are led by McCoy from beyond the arc. He hits 2.2 shots from deep per game.
- McCoy leads the team with 0.9 steals per game. Mathon collects 0.5 blocks a contest to pace Boston University.
Bucknell Key Players
- The Bison leader in scoring is Andrew Funk with 17.3 points per game. He also adds four rebounds per game and 2.3 assists per game.
- When it comes to Bucknell leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Alex Timmerman with seven rebounds per game and Xander Rice with 3.8 assists per game.
- Funk makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bison, cashing in three treys per game.
- Rice tops Bucknell in steals with 1.2 per game, and Jake van der Heijden leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.