The Maine Black Bears (3-7) will look to end a five-game road slide when they square off against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (5-5) on Thursday, December 30, 2021 at Rutgers Athletic Center. The contest airs at 1:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Scarlet Knights’ ( to win on the moneyline) game with the Black Bears ().
This article refers to betting data updated as of December 30, 2021 at 7:58 AM ET. Browse all the latest odds for this contest in the table below and click here to claim your free sports bet (up to $1,001) at Caesars!
Rutgers vs Maine Betting Odds
Rutgers Offense Vs. Maine Defense
|Rutgers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Maine Defense|
|65.8 (300)||Points/Gm||65.1 (106)|
|66.7 (284)||Possessions/Game||68.4 (111)|
|40.5 (318)||Field Goal %||43.9 (253)|
|28.9 (319)||3PT %||34.4 (261)|
|44.8 (332)||Effective FG %||50 (246)|
|48.5 (319)||True Shooting %||51.8 (196)|
Maine Offense Vs. Rutgers Defense
|Maine Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rutgers Defense|
|58 (351)||Points/Gm||67.2 (161)|
|65.4 (317)||Possessions/Game||66.6 (56)|
|38.7 (343)||Field Goal %||41.1 (121)|
|24.1 (357)||3PT %||32.9 (191)|
|43.3 (346)||Effective FG %||48.1 (166)|
|47.1 (332)||True Shooting %||51.8 (196)|
Rutgers Betting Insights
- Rutgers has won four games against the spread this season, while failing to cover six times.
- A total of seven out of Rutgers’ 10 games this season have hit the over.
- In eight of 10 games this season, Rutgers and its opponents have gone over 120 points.
- The average total in Scarlet Knights matchups this year is 133.9, 13.9 more points than this game’s over/under.
Maine Betting Insights
- Maine has put together a 6-1-0 ATS record so far this season.
- The Black Bears have been an underdog by 23.5 points or more two times this year, and covered the spread both times.
- This season, games featuring Maine have gone over the point total twice.
- Maine has combined with its opponent to score more than 120 points in five of seven games this season.
- Black Bears games this year have had a 127.3-point total on average, 7.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Rutgers Key Players
- Ron Harper Jr. leads the Scarlet Knights in scoring (15.8 points per game) and rebounding (7.9 rebounds per game).
- The squad is led in assists by Paul Mulcahy’s 4.1 per game.
- The Scarlet Knights are led by Harper Jr. from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Rutgers’ steals leader is Caleb McConnell, who averages 2.3 per game. Aundre Hyatt leads the team averaging 0.7 blocks an outing.
Maine Key Players
- Vukasin Masic has shown out this season to lead the Black Bears in points (9 per game), rebounds (4.6 per game), and assists (3.8 per game).
- Lechaun Duhart makes more threes per game than any other member of the Black Bears, averaging 1.5 treys per game.
- Duhart tops Maine in steals with one per game, and Chris Efretuei leads the squad in blocks with 0.4 per game.