There’s “Flashback Friday” and “Throwback Thursday” (and Tuesday, too, if you want). But at MMA Junkie, we figured why not expand that to every day?
“Combat Rewind” brings you some of combat sports’ best highlights from every calendar day of the year. It’s a look back at history, courtesy of the UFC Fight Pass archives, featuring stellar finishes and classic moments in MMA and beyond on their anniversaries.
Today’s highlight include a vicious Jack Hermansson knockout prior to his UFC run, as well as some true vintage violence from 20 years ago with Rumina Sato picking up a quick win over Yves Edwards, and Matt Hughes picking up the first of five wins he would pick up in a 10-week stretch in 2000.
So kick back and relive the following bits of greatness in the video above:
- Cage Warriors 75: Jack Hermansson vs. Alan Carlos – April 15, 2016
- Alaska Fighting Championship 115: John Carl vs. Wayne Schaeffer – April 15, 2015
- SuperBrawl 17: Rumina Sato vs. Yves Edwards – April 15, 2000
- SuperBrawl 17: Matt Hughes vs. Eric Davila – April 15, 2000
- Cage Warriors 75: Darren Stewart vs. James Hurrell – April 15, 2016
Fight footage courtesy of UFC Fight Pass, the UFC’s official digital subscription service, which is currently offering a seven-day free trial. UFC Fight Pass gives fans access to exclusive live UFC events and fights, exclusive live MMA and combat sports events from around the world, exclusive original and behind the scenes content and unprecedented 24-7 access to the world’s biggest fight library.