ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting live from Friday’s early and official UFC on ESPN+ 25 weigh-ins, where all 26 fighters on Saturday’s card hit their marks.
In the main event, Corey Anderson (13-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) meets Jan Blachowicz (25-8 MMA, 8-5 UFC) in a light heavyweight rematch that could determine the next title challenger for champion Jon Jones. Anderson won the pair’s first meeting in 2015 by unanimous decision. Anderson came in at 205 pounds. Blachowicz was 206.
In the co-feature, Michel Pereira (23-10 MMA, 1-1 UFC) takes on Albuquerque native and longtime UFC fighter Diego Sanchez (29-12 MMA, 18-12 UFC) at welterweight. Pereira missed weight for his most recent fight this past September, but came in at 170 pounds Friday. Sanchez was the first to weigh in during the two-hour window and was 171.
Also on the card, Ray Borg (12-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) returns to flyweight to take on Rogerio Bontorin (16-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC). Borg missed the flyweight limit twice in the past in the UFC, and missed weight once in his two most recent fights at bantamweight, as well. But he came in at 128 pounds on his first attempt. He was given one hour, starting with the conclusion of the faceoffs, to reach the flyweight limit. Bontorin was 126.
The early weigh-ins took place at the UFC host hotel in Albuquerque, N.M. Unlike most UFC events, there are no ceremonial weigh-ins for the fans ahead of Saturday’s card, which takes place at Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho. The event streams on ESPN+.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 25 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Corey Anderson (205) vs. Jan Blachowicz (206)
- Michel Pereira (170) vs. Diego Sanchez (171)
- Mara Romero Borella (125) vs. Montana De La Rosa (126)
- Kazula Vargas (156) vs. Brok Weaver (156)
- Rogerio Bontorin (126) vs. Ray Borg* (128)
- Yancy Medeiros (155) vs. Lando Vannata (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Tim Means (1 71) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (171)
- John Dodson (133.5) vs. Nathaniel Wood (136)
- Scott Holtzman (156) vs. Jim Miller (156)
- Devin Clark (205) vs. Dequan Townsend (202)
- Merab Dvalishvili (136) vs. Casey Kenney (135.5)
- Macy Chiasson (135) vs. Shanna Young (134)
- Mark De La Rosa (126) vs. Raulian Paiva (126)
*Borg missed the flyweight limit on his first attempt and was given one additional hour, starting with the conclusion of the faceoffs, to make weight.