West Virginia Mountaineers has yet to lose at home this season and the No. 13 Iowa State Mountaineers aren’t expected to on Wednesday, either, as double-digit NCAAB betting favorites against Big 12 opponent Iowa State.
How to Bet Iowa State at West Virginia NCAA Basketball Odds & TV Info.
Ready to get back after it starting Wednesday at No. 12 West Virginia.
Then back home to host K-State on Saturday. 🌪️ pic.twitter.com/twOc0FHTBD
— Iowa State Men’s Basketball (@CycloneMBB) February 2, 2020
- When: Wednesday, 7 PM ET
- Where: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Live Stream: BTN Live Stream
- Radio: Tunein.com
- Opening NCAAB Lines: West Virginia -11½
The teams split two meetings in 2018-19, with WVU rolling 90-75 at home. Jermaine Haley dominated with 28 points. Derek Culver had 15 points and 11 rebounds. Lamont West also had a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds. Jordan McCabe added 18 points. Haley and McCabe powered West Virginia in the first half with eight 3-pointers. The Mountaineers made just three of 18 shots in a nearly 10-minute stretch, ending at the six-minute mark of the second half, but the Cyclones could only pull within 10 points. Lindell Wigginton led Iowa State with 17 points. Tyrese Haliburton added 12 points.
Iowa State and West Virginia are meeting for the 16th time. The Cyclones hold an 8-7 edge in the all-time series, but West Virginia leads 5-2 in games played in Morgantown.
Why Bet on Iowa State?
Iowa State (9-12) has been a massive disappointment this season and lost a third game in a row Saturday, 72-68 at Texas. Courtney Ramey’s 3-pointer with 1:06 to play gave Texas the lead and Matt Coleman III’s two late free throws closed out the win.
Texas fought back from an eight-point deficit in the second half. Ramey led the charge, scoring eight points of Texas’ 10 points in the run to take the lead. A 3 by Ramey and a dunk by Jericho Sims got Texas within 65-63 before Ramey made his 3 from the left wing for the lead. IS led most of the game and twice built the lead as high as eight points in the second half. The Cyclones still don’t have a win on an opponent’s home court this season.
Tyrese Haliburton tied for the team-high with 14 points on 5-of-8 shooting from the field for ISU. The sophomore guard added five rebounds, five assists and three steals in 40 minutes of action. He has been announced as one of 10 candidates for the 2020 Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year Award.
Haliburton is averaging 15.7 points, 6.8 assists, 6.0 rebounds and 2.5 steals, the only player nationally to average those marks. He has scored in double figures in 17 games this season and is one of 18 players to record a triple-double, posting 22 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists against TCU. Haliburton is shooting 50 percent from the field, 41 percent behind the arc and 83.7 percent at the free-throw line. Haliburton is three three-pointers away from becoming the 21st player in school history to make 100 career three-pointers.
West Virginia is one of four Big 12 schools that ISU owns an edge in the all-time series; the others are Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech. ISU head coach Steve Prohm is 3-6 against West Virginia and Bob Huggins.
Iowa State Cyclones 2020 NCAA Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- Iowa State are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Iowa State are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Iowa State are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against West Virginia.
- Iowa State are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games against West Virginia.
- Iowa State are 0-9 SU in their last 9 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Iowa State’s last 7 games when playing on the road against West Virginia.
- Iowa State are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Iowa State are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Iowa State are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games played in February.
- Total Score: 74.71
- Field Goal %: 44.28
- Three Point %: 31.73
- Free Throw %: 73.41
- Total Rebounds: 35.33
- Total Score: 72.19
- Field Goal %: 44.51
- Three Point %: 36.70
- Free Throw %: 67.81
- Total Rebounds: 36.62
Why Bet on West Virginia?
WVU was a 66-57 winner at home over Kansas State on Saturday. The Mountaineers (17-4, 5-3 Big 12) bounced back from a loss at Texas Tech last Wednesday, improved to 11-0 at home and ended a three-game losing streak to Kansas State. Bob Huggins earned his 877th career win to move past Kentucky’s Adolph Rupp into seventh place all time in Division I.
Sean McNeil sank a pair of free throws to cap a 9-0 run that gave the Mountaineers their largest lead, 49-35, with nine minutes remaining. Kansas State got no closer than eight points after that. The Mountaineers got a game-high 19 points and 14 rebounds from sophomore forward Derek Culver. It was Culver’s 15th double-double in points and rebounds and his 26th double-figure rebounding effort in 47 career games as a Mountaineer. The Mountaineers were 6-of-19 from 3 and 21-of-50 overall from the floor for 42 percent. Besides Culver, the other 11 guys who played shot a combined 13-of-35.
Culver is averaging a team-best 12 points per game in Big 12 play and 11.0 points per game overall, which is right behind freshman forward Oscar Tshiebwe’s 11.2 average. Tshiebwe has scored just 12 points in his last two games after producing 14 points and eight rebounds in the Big 12/SEC Challenge against Missouri and tallying 13 points and 11 rebounds in a blowout home win over Texas.
WVU is shooting just 43.5 percent in Big 12 games this season. However, WVU’s shooting figure is considerably better at the Coliseum where it is shooting 48.6 percent in four league games so far. Defensively, Iowa State is giving up a league-worst 72 points per contest.
West Virginia Mountaineers 2020 NCAA Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- West Virginia are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of West Virginia’s last 14 games.
- West Virginia are 16-4 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of West Virginia’s last 8 games against Iowa State.
- West Virginia are 14-0 SU in their last 14 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of West Virginia’s last 7 games when playing at home against Iowa State.
- West Virginia are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of West Virginia’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- West Virginia are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in February.
- West Virginia are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Wednesday.
- Total Score: 73.29
- Field Goal %: 43.63
- Three Point %: 30.05
- Free Throw %: 64.94
- Total Rebounds: 41.00
- Total Score: 61.33
- Field Goal %: 36.75
- Three Point %: 26.91
- Free Throw %: 71.24
- Total Rebounds: 32.33
Iowa State vs West Virginia Final NCAAB Betting Analysis
West Virginia 78 – Iowa State 66