The West Virginia Mountaineers take on the Oklahoma Sooners in Norman on Saturday a huge underdog. Can the Mountaineers stick with Oklahoma’s excellent offense? Or, will the Sooners dominate West Virginia the way they have most every other opponent they’ve faced this season? Check out the college football odds, a preview, and a free pick for West Virginia vs Oklahoma!
West Virginia vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Analysis
- When: Saturday, Oct. 19 at 12:00pm ET
- Where: Memorial Stadium, Norman, OK
- TV: FOX
- Radio: West Virginia / Oklahoma
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Live
- ATS Odds: Oklahoma -33 ½
- Mostly Sunny: 26°C/79°F
- Humidity: 58%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Wind: 10 mph E
- Cloud Cover: 23%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why West Virginia Mountaineers are a good bet +33 ½?
The Mountaineers have lost their last couple of games, but all hope is not lost. In wins this season over North Carolina State and Kansas, West Virginia showed they can play decent football on both offense and defense. The 44-24 win impressed as West Virginia entered that matchup a 7-point underdog. The victory over Kansas was to be expected. They still beat and covered against a Les Miles team. The Mountaineers have a lot of points to work with here. They can keep this closer than the line.
- Total Yards: 326.2
- Passing Yards: 231.8
- Rushing Yards: 94.3
- Points Scored: 24.2
- Total Yards: 383.8
- Passing Yards: 207.7
- Rushing Yards: 176.2
- Points Allowed: 30.3
Why Oklahoma Sooners are a good bet -33 ½?
Oklahoma has covered some massive spreads this season. As a -46 ½ favorite over South Dakota, the Sooners won 70-14. They dominated UCLA 48-14 on their way to a cover victory as a -22 ½ point favorite. They were favored by 27 against Texas Tech and beat the Red Raiders 55-16. Although the spread is daunting, Oklahoma’s history says they’ll get close to covering on Saturday.
- Total Yards: 621.7
- Passing Yards: 335
- Rushing Yards: 286.7
- Points Scored: 50.2
- Total Yards: 341.8
- Passing Yards: 199.8
- Rushing Yards: 142
- Points Allowed: 20.3
College Football Week 8 Betting Trends for West Virginia vs Oklahoma
- Mountaineers are 1-4-1 in the last 6 road games
- Mountaineers are 2-5-2 ATS in the last 9 games
- The total went OVER in 8 of West Virginia’s last 12 games
- Sooners are 17-8 ATS in the last 25 home games
- Sooners are 2-5-1 ATS in the last 8 conference games
- Over is 7-1-1 in Sooners last 9 games
West Virginia vs Oklahoma Final Betting Analysis
Oklahoma only cares about winning the football game. That’s why they failed to cover in a victory over Kansas and a win over the rival Texas Longhorns. We must put both games in perspective, though.
Oklahoma had trouble getting on track on the road versus the Jayhawks. When they did, they rolled. At one point in the second half, when Oklahoma was up 42-7, they had the game won against the spread. Unfortunately for Oklahoma backers, Lincoln Riley laid off Kansas. Why worry when your up so big in the second half?
Versus Texas, the line was 11 ½ while Oklahoma won by 10. Texas had gone something like 7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings, though. West Virginia is a dreadful 0-4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings. The Sooners should easily cover the massive spread on Oct. 19 against West Virginia. The Mountaineers won’t keep up on the scoreboard while the Sooners will post points at will.
College Football Week 8 Free Pick: Oklahoma Sooners -33 ½
More College Football Week 8 Betting News
- West Virginia vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Analysis
- Ohio State vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Clemson vs Louisville 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 8 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Overview & Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 8 Must-Bet Games