Few teams have looked as good this season as No. 8 Wisconsin has and the Badgers are double-digit home favorites on the college football odds this Saturday against formerly ranked Michigan State in Big Ten action.
How to Bet Michigan State vs Wisconsin College Football Week 7 Lines & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Camp Randall Stadium
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Live Stream: BTN2Go
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 7 Lines: Wisconsin -10.5 (Total 40.5)
The teams haven’t played since 2016 in East Lansing when Wisconsin was a 30-6 winner. Michigan State was down 13-6 early in the third and had the ball in Wisconsin territory when LJ Scott’s fumble bounced to Wisconsin’s Leo Musso in the secondary. He went all the way to the end zone for a 66-yard touchdown. The Badgers outscored MSU 17-0 in the third.
Saturday’s game marks the 54th meeting between Michigan State and Wisconsin. The Spartans lead the all-time series, 30-23, including a slim 14-13 edge in games played in Madison.
- Partly Cloudy: 8°C/47°F
- Humidity: 52%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Cloud Cover: 37%
- Wind: 17 mph SW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Michigan State?
Sparty was outclassed last week at Ohio State, 34-10, to fall out of the Top 25. The Buckeyes gained just 16 yards on 16 plays in the first quarter, but got unstuck and put away the Spartans (4-2, 2-1) with big plays.
Brian Lewerke was 20-for-38 for 218 yards and a touchdown for the Spartans. It marked Lewerke’s 17th game with more than 200 yards passing. Lewerke leads the Big Ten in total passing yards (1,543), completions (124) and attempts (212), and also ranks second in passing (257.2 ypg) and total offense (281.0 ypg) and fourth in touchdown passes (11).
Darrell Stewart caught the TD pass, one of his team-leading six receptions for 68 yards. Stewart leads the Big Ten in receptions (41) and receiving yards (624) and is second in the conference in receiving yards per game (104.0 ypg) and third in receptions per game (6.8 pg).
The Spartans allowed a season-high 529 yards of total offense, the most by a Spartan opponent since Baylor had 583 total yards in the 2015 Cotton Bowl. MSU gave up 323 yards rushing, the most since Ohio State ran for 335 yards on Nov. 11, 2017, in Columbus.
This marks the first time MSU will play back-to-back road games against AP Top 10 teams since 1990 (Oct. 13 at No. 1 Michigan; Oct. 20 at No. 8 Illinois). The Spartans have consistently produced wins against highly ranked teams under Mark Dantonio. MSU is 10-8 in its last 18 games against teams ranked in The Associated Press Top 10, including a 9-8 record since 2013.
- Points per Game: 31.40
- Passing Yards: 269.00
- Rushing Yards: 144.60
- Yards per Play: 5.74
- Points per Game: 15.00
- Passing Yards: 198.00
- Rushing Yards: 55.80
- Yards per Play: 3.93
Why Bet on Wisconsin?
The Badgers went out of conference last week and pummeled Kent State 48-0 to stay unbeaten. Jonathan Taylor had four rushing touchdowns and caught a TD pass to match UW’s single-game record of five touchdowns while Zack Baun had a career-high three sacks in leading the Badgers’ defense to its third shutout of the season. UW is 5-0 for the second time in the last three seasons.
Taylor had 19 rushes for 186 yards, eclipsing the 100-yard mark for the 27th time in 32 career games with the Badgers and passing Melvin Gordon for third on UW’s all-time rushing list. Taylor now has covered 4,916 yards in his career. With his 47th win, Paul Chryst passed Dave McClain (1978-85) for 5th on the Badgers’ all-time coaching wins list.
The Badgers scored a touchdown on their opening drive for the 5th time in as many games this season. All 5 scores have come in the form of a Taylor rushing touchdown. Wisconsin is the only FBS team to score a touchdown on each of its opening drives this season. UW is the only FBS team that has not trailed in a game this season.
The Badgers’ impressive start is led by their defense, as UW leads the FBS in total defense (178.6 ypg), scoring defense (5.8 ppg), passing defense (131.0 ypg) and third-down defense (.159) while ranking second in rushing defense (47.6 ypg).
Michigan State’s rushing defense, which led the FBS in 2018 and currently ranks 21st in the country, will face for the first time. Taylor is second in the nation with 12 rushing TDs and third in rushing (171.8 ypg); last season, he won the Doak Walker Award after leading the FBS with 2,194 rushing yards (168.8 ypg).
- Points per Game: 42.25
- Passing Yards: 210.00
- Rushing Yards: 230.50
- Yards per Play: 6.20
- Points per Game: 7.25
- Passing Yards: 147.75
- Rushing Yards: 44.50
- Yards per Play: 3.15
Michigan State vs Wisconsin College Football Week 7 Betting Trends
- Underdog is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Over is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings in Wisconsin
- Spartans are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- Spartans are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games played in October
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Michigan State’s last 5 games on the road
- Badgers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 7
- Badgers are 18-2 SU in their last 20 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Wisconsin’s last 6 games when playing at home against Michigan State
Expert Final Score Prediction for Michigan State vs Wisconsin
Michigan State 13 – Wisconsin 21
More Week 7 College Football Betting News
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- USC vs Notre Dame State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Betting Preview
- Washington State vs Arizona State 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Prediction
- Michigan State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Expert Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colorado vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis
- Alabama vs Texas A&M 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Game Preview
- Texas vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 7 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Overview & Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 7 Must-Bet Games
Even More Wisconsin Archived Betting Articles
- Kent State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Game Preview
- Northwestern vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Expert Pick
- Miami vs Wisconsin 2018 Pinstripe Bowl Spread & Expert Pick
- Wisconsin vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 11 Odds & Preview
- Rutgers vs Wisconsin NCAA Football Week 10 Lines & Prediction
- Wisconsin vs Northwestern NCAA Football Week 9 Lines & Pick
- Illinois vs Wisconsin NCAA Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Wisconsin vs Iowa NCAA Football Week 4 Odds & Prediction
- BYU at Wisconsin College Football Week 3 Lines
- New Mexico vs Wisconsin NCAA Football Week 2 Pick
- Western Kentucky vs Wisconsin NCAA Football Week 1 Spread
- 2017 Orange Bowl Betting Preview & Expert Pick: Miami vs. Wisconsin
- Ohio State vs. Wisconsin Big Ten Championship Lines & Prediction
- Can Iowa Pull Off Another Upset in the NCAAF Week 11 Odds Against Wisconsin?