Atlanta and St. Louis dance one more time in Game 5 of their best-of-5 National League Divisional Series. The Braves were oh so close to winning Game 4. St. Louis pulled it out in the 10th inning. Will Atlanta make it to the NLCS? Or, will the Cardinals punch their ticket? Check out MLB Playoff odds, analysis, and a free pick for Braves vs Cardinals Game 5!
Cardinals vs Braves 2019 NLDS Game 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 5:02pm ET
- Where: SunTrust Park, Atlanta, GA
- TV: TBS
- Radio: Cardinals / Braves
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Moneyline: Cardinals -110 / Braves -110
- Over/Under Total: 8
- Partly Cloudy: 24°C/76°F
- Humidity: 56%
- Precipitation: 1%
- Wind: 5 mph E
- Cloud Cover: 43%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why St. Louis Cardinals are a good bet at -110?
The Cardinals were about ready to give up on their 2019 pennant dreams in Game 4. Somehow, someway, they managed to pull a huge victory from the ashes. They beat the Braves 5-4 in the 10th inning. Now, they’ll look to take down Atlanta in Game 5.
Ace Jack Flaherty takes the mound. Flaherty pitched okay in Game 1, throwing for 7 innings and giving up 3 runs on 8 hits. Flaherty struck out 8. It was enough for the victory. If Flaherty repeats his performance, the Cardinals can take this on Wednesday.
- Runs/G: 4.72
- BA: .245
- OPS: .737
- HR: 210
- SB: 116
- ERA: 3.82
- WHIP: 1.27
- KS: 1399
- Quality Starts: 76
- Errors: 66
Why Atlanta Braves are a good bet at -110?
The Atlanta Braves tasted victory, they were so close in Game 4. That’s in the past, though, which is why Atlanta believes it’s in a great position to beat St. Louis on Wednesday night and claim their spot in the 2019 National League Championship Series.
Atlanta rests it’s hopes on starter Mike Foltynewicz. Foltynewicz was close to unhittable in Game 2. He threw 7 innings, allowed only 3 hits, didn’t walk a batter, and struck out 8. Foltynewicz believes he can provide the same performance on Tuesday after a full 5 days of rest.
- Runs/G: 5.28
- BA: .258
- OPS: .789
- HR: 249
- SB: 89
- ERA: 4.20
- WHIP: 1.26
- KS: 1393
- Quality Starts: 76
- Errors: 78
MLB Betting Trends for Cardinals vs Braves Game 5
- Cardinals are 1-7 in their last 8 playoff road games
- Cardinals are 5-1 in their last 6 road games versus a team with a home winning percentage greater than .600
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’ last 8 games
- Braves are 5-1 in their last 6 games versus a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15
- Braves are 2-5 in their last 7 overall
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 7 games against St. Louis
Cardinals vs Braves NLDS Game 5 MLB Betting Analysis
The Cardinals usually hit .262 against Foltynewicz. That’s why the odds should shift some, if they haven’t already, to favor the St. Louis Cardinals. Flaherty holds the Braves to a .211 batting average.
The key here, though, could be on the mental side. The Braves know that they had the game won. They let it slip out of their grasps. If they were traveling to St. Louis, that might be an issue. They’re not. Now back at home in their fancy ballpark, Atlanta should be ready to play their absolute best.
Even more important, St. Louis has no real confidence in reliever Carlos Martinez. Martinez is a converted starter who is only pitching from the bullpen because of the injury to Chris Martin. It’s not his fault, but he hasn’t yet become comfortable throwing from the pen.
That makes Atlanta the play. The Braves should beat St. Louis on Wednesday and head to the NLCS.
MLB Free Pick: Atlanta Braves -110
More MLB Playoffs Betting News
- Nationals vs Dodgers 2019 NLDS Game 5 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Cardinals vs Braves 2019 NLDS Game 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week Six Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 736)
- Astros vs Rays 2019 ALDS Game 4 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Dodgers vs Nationals 2019 NLDS Game 4 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Braves vs Cardinals 2019 NLDS Game 4 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Dodgers vs Nationals 2019 NLDS Game 3 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Cardinals vs Braves 2019 NLDS Game 3 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Twins vs Yankees 2019 ALDS Game 2 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Rays vs Astros 2019 ALDS Game 2 Odds, Preview and Pick
- Twins vs Yankees 2019 ALDS Game 1 Odds & Game Preview
- Rays vs Astros 2019 ALDS Game 1 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Nationals vs Dodgers 2019 NLDS Game 2 Betting Lines & Preview
- Cardinals vs Braves 2019 NLDS Game 2 Odds, Preview & Prediction