Winning a division title and making it into the playoffs requires a team to be ridiculously consistent over the course of the 162-game season, a task that sounds a good deal easier than it really is. Every team, no matter how good they are, is going to need to contend with injuries, not to mention slumps where it looks as though the entire pitching or hitting staff have all gone cold at exactly the same time.
We have seen every team in this league have those moments already, perhaps with the exception of the LA Dodgers, as they continually seem to be able to win series and crank out wins at a rate that should be alarming to every other team in the MLB. They already have a huge lead in the race for the NL West and they can open up an even bigger gap when they get their week rolling with a series against the Arizona Diamondbacks. The season series between these two have been competitive, so expect the D-Backs to put up a decent fight. The Dodgers are favored by 1 ½ for this one, with the run total set at 9.
Diamondbacks vs Dodgers MLB Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
var tweet = document.getElementById("tweet");
var id = tweet.getAttribute("tweetID");
conversation : 'none', // or all
cards : 'visible', // or visible
linkColor : '#cc0000', // default is blue
theme : 'light' // or dark
- When: Tuesday, July 2 at 10:10 PM EST
- Where: Dodger Stadium, LA
- Starting Pitchers: Clarke vs. Stripling
- TV: MLB Extra Innings
- Radio: AM 570
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Week 14 Betting Lines: Los Angeles Dodgers -250 (Total 9)
Why bet on the Arizona Diamondbacks?
After a decent enough start to the season, the Arizona Diamondbacks have been slipping backward ever since and are now sitting at .500 with a 43-43 record, well off the pace many of us expected from them. Outside of the Dodgers, this has been a division that has had a dog eat dog nature to it. While LA continues to win and pull away, the other 4 teams cannibalize one another.
The biggest issue for Arizona this year has been their play at home, where they are 5 games below .500. The good news is that they are 26-21 on the road, although just 1-6 in their last 7 visits to Dodger Stadium. As a road dog, the Diamondbacks are a very healthy 23-12 ATS. They will have Taylor Clarke (2-3, 6.10 ERA) on the mound for this one.
- Runs: 5.10
- Hits: 9.13
- Walks: 3.07
- Strike Outs: 8.51
- Runs: 4.60
- Hits: 8.69
- Walks: 3.17
- Strike Outs: 8.66
Why bet on the LA Dodgers?
The Dodgers have won everywhere they have played this season, but it has been their record in their own ballpark that has helped them reach their current lofty standing. The Dodgers are a staggering 34-9 at home, which has helped them run out to a 57-29 record and the best win percentage in major league baseball right now.
They are coming off a poor, by their standards, road trip, where they went 3-4 versus the Diamondbacks and Rockies, with the Dodgers losing 2 of 3 in their series with Arizona. Overall, they are now 6-4 SU versus the Diamondbacks this season, but it has been road games that have proven to be the issue. As a home favorite, the Dodgers are 24-19 ATS. They will have Ross Stripling (3-2, 3.08 ERA) on the mound on Tuesday night.
- Runs: 5.34
- Hits: 9.05
- Walks: 3.86
- Strike Outs: 7.87
- Runs: 3.85
- Hits: 7.51
- Walks: 2.22
- Strike Outs: 8.83
Diamondbacks vs Dodgers MLB Week 14 Betting Trends
- Diamondbacks are 6-14 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the National League West division
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 6 games played in July
- Dodgers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Arizona
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers’ last 5 games played in July
- Diamondbacks are 20-33 against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons
- Dodgers are 34-9 against the money line in home games this season
- Clarke is 1-1 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 3.60 and a WHIP of 1.200STRIPLING is 1-2 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 4.32 and a WHIP of 1.360
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction
While this season series has been a competitive one, I think all of that goes out the window when the meetings switch to LA. I am looking at the Dodgers to get back to winning ways in their own ballpark.
Score: Arizona Diamondbacks 3 – LA Dodgers 6