It was certainly fun to watch the playoff race in the Western Conference throughout the 82-game NBA regular season. While there was a definite separation between the teams at the top of the Eastern Conference and those in the lower seeded spots, the race in the West was tight from top to bottom, with the potential playoff match-ups seemingly changing on a weekly basis. The closeness of the race means that we are getting some match-ups that would have made for great watching in the Western Conference Final, with the Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets second-round series being just one of those.
These two hooked up in the conference final last season, with the expectation being that we might see that again this year. One of them will be there, but the other will be at home watching. Right now, the Warriors have the edge with the 2-1 series lead, but they are in as a slight 1 point underdog for Game 4 in Houston. The O/U for this one is set at 220 ½.
Warriors vs Rockets 2019 NBA Playoffs Odds & Game 4 Preview
“You come on the road, you want to win one game. We’ve got the opportunity to do that Monday and we expect to do it.”
Today’s Film Session 📽️ pic.twitter.com/DlFJmtCQQS
— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) 6 de mayo de 2019
- When: Monday, May 6 at 9:30 PM EST
- Where: Toyota Center, Houston
- TV: TNT
- Radio: Sports 610 AM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- 2019 NBA Playoffs Odds: Golden State Warriors -1 (Total 221)
Why bet on the Golden State Warriors?
The Golden State Warriors came into the postseason as the favorites to win it all. That was no real surprise given that they have made a habit of winning in the postseason, but this year feels a little bit different. While the Warriors usually get rolling quickly when the postseason begins, they were made to work very hard by the Clippers in the opening round, needing 6 games to get past the #8 seed in the Western Conference.
While they are still finding a way to win, they are not doing so in dominant style, going just 4-5 ATS through 9 playoff games. Playing on the road this season, the Warriors have been an underdog just 7 times, going 4-3 ATS in those outings. They may not be playing their best ball, but they can put the Rockets on the brink of elimination with a win in Game 4 on Monday night.
- Total Score: 117.99
- Field Goal Percentage: 49.07
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.49
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.60
- Total Rebounds: 45.95
- Total Score: 111.46
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.44
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.94
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.59
- Total Rebounds: 43.92
Why bet on the Houston Rockets?
You got the sense that the Rockets spent a little too much time complaining about officiating in the opening 2 games of this series and not enough time playing solid basketball. The end result was that they headed home for Game 3 in an 0-2 hole and in a must-win situation. They focused on simply playing in Game 3 and got the perfect reward, winning that one 126-121.
This is, though, still just a job half done, as losing Game 4 would put the Rockets in a 1-3 hole that would be incredibly tough to get out of with 2 games still to be played in Oakland. Houston has covered in 2 of the 3 games versus the Warriors and is 5-3 ATS through the opening 23 rounds. As a home favorite overall, they are 23-16-2 ATS.
- Total Score: 113.46
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.87
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.68
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.80
- Total Rebounds: 42.10
- Total Score: 108.64
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.27
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.52
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.77
- Total Rebounds: 45.33
Warriors vs Rockets 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Trends
- Warriors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against Houston
- Warriors are 12-4 SU in their last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Golden State’s last 5 games on the road
- Rockets are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games this season
- Rockets are 11-0 SU in their last 11 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 6 games played in May
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
This game may well decide whether we are looking at a long series or one that might be over sooner than we expected. I am leaning towards the latter, as I like the Warriors to get the win in a close one.
Score Prediction: Golden State Warriors 118 – Houston Rockets 116