Over the course of a 7-game playoff series, we can very often see several different momentum shifts, but it’s also fair to suggest that the opening two games can set the tone for the rest of the series. The higher seed gets the privilege of playing the first two games of the series on home court. If they can win both, they end up with a real stranglehold on the series. If, on the other hand, the lower seed goes in and steals at least one of those games, it very often sets up a series that might well go longer than expected.
The Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors both dropped one of their opening games, and now the Milwaukee Bucks, another of the big favorites, will look to avoid the same fate as they prepare to face the Detroit Pistons in Game 2 of their opening round Eastern Conference series. The Bucks ran out to a very comfortable win in the opening game of this series, but they will be taking nothing for granted here. The Bucks are in as a 15 ½ point favorite for Game 2, with the point total for this one set at 213.
Pistons vs Bucks 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Lines & Game 2 Preview
— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) 17 de abril de 2019
- When: Wednesday, April 17 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee
- TV: NBATV
- Radio: TuneIn/NBA
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Lines: Milwaukee Bucks -15.5 (Total 214)
Why bet on the Detroit Pistons?
The Pistons ended the regular season with a .500 record and will be heading into Game 2 of this series looking to match that. If we are being honest, though, the odds appear to be rather heavily stacked against them. They were totally outclassed in Game 1, losing 121-86 in a game that was essentially over before it even really began.
Playing on the road has been a problem for the Pistons all season long, as they finished the regular season at 15-26 away from home. Over their last 7 games on the road, including Game 1, they now have just 1 win. They were swept by the Bucks in the regular season series and may well be facing a similar outcome in the playoffs. Detroit are now 13-18-1 as a road underdog.
- Total Score: 106.80
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.91
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.73
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.66
- Total Rebounds: 45.04
- Total Score: 107.46
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.95
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.51
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.42
- Total Rebounds: 43.81
Why bet on the Milwaukee Bucks?
There is no denying that the Milwaukee Bucks were the best team in the regular season, as they have the win/loss record to prove it. We all know that the playoffs are completely different, but they certainly looked the part in a totally dominating performance in Game 1. This was always going to be a tough ask for the Pistons when you consider that the Bucks only lost 8 games in their building all season long.
The Bucks will be looking at what happened to the Golden State Warriors in Game 3 of their series and using that to maintain their focus in this one. The Bucks have been a good ATS bet in their own building, going 23-15-2, which included covering as a 14 ½ point favorite in Game 1.
- Total Score: 118.16
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.59
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.24
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.15
- Total Rebounds: 49.81
- Total Score: 108.98
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.25
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.02
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.23
- Total Rebounds: 45.30
Pistons vs Bucks 2019 NBA Playoffs Betting Trends
- Detroit is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Milwaukee
- Detroit is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games
- Milwaukee is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Milwaukee is 16-4 SU in its last 20 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee’s last 8 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Pistons vs Bucks
The Bucks are a bit of an unstoppable force in their own building, so it’s hard to imagine anything other than a win on Wednesday night. I am taking the Bucks to win and cover the spread.
Score: Detroit Pistons 100 – Milwaukee Bucks 116