LeSean McCoy maintains innocence as NFL’s probe continues

ESPN

Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy maintained his innocence Wednesday, more than six months after a July 10 home invasion at his Atlanta-area house that injured his ex-girlfriend and led to several accusations against him.

Appearing on ESPN's First Take, McCoy said the NFL continues to investigate him after his former girlfriend, Delicia Cordon, claimed McCoy directed the home invasion. Cordon, whom McCoy was attempting to evict from the home at the time, said she had jewelry forcefully taken from her that McCoy had previously asked her to return and added there were no signs of forced entry.

An NFL spokesperson confirmed Wednesday that the matter remains under review. McCoy played the entire 2018 season after the allegations surfaced.

"They're still going through it," McCoy said Wednesday. "They're investigating me and the situation. I'll just be honest with them."

Police in Milton, Georgia, have not named any suspects in the case. An inquiry with the department spokesperson Wednesday received an automated response, dated Oct. 5, that the incident remained under active investigation and that McCoy had yet to speak to detectives. Cordon offered a $40,000 reward in October for information leading to the arrest of the intruder.

#football, #professional

s
search
c
compose new post
r
reply
e
edit
t
go to top
j
go to the next post or comment
k
go to the previous post or comment
o
toggle comment visibility
esc
cancel edit post or comment