Florida State starting QB Deondre Francois refutes report he has decided to leave Seminoles

Orlando Sentinel

Upon learning sources had told the Sentinel he would not return to FSU, quarterback Deondre Francois called Wednesday to refute the statements. He said he will listen to NFL officials' evaluation about his future, but if that is not favorable for him, he will return to the Seminoles for his final year of eligibility.

Francois, who FSU coach WIllie Taggart confirmed graduated earlier this month, would be eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer at another school. That is not his plan, however.

Francois said during the phone conversation that he would not transfer to another school and he is up in the air as to what his NFL future might hold. If the NFL does offer positive feedback, he will declare for the draft. He he does not like what he hears from NFL people, then he will return to FSU and not seek other options for schools.

“Why would I not go back to FSU?” Francois said. “I’m thinking about declaring [for the NFL] but I don’t know what I’m going to do. I never told anybody nothing like that. I’m just unsure what I’m doing right now.

“I’m still taking with my family trying to decide, but I never said nothing like that.”

He has yet to talk to NFL teams about the possibilities.

“I haven’t heard anything [from NFL people]. I was just focused on my graduation,” Francois said. “I’m still trying to decide what’s the best option for me and my family. I’m just unsure right now.”

Francois lacked reliable protection at FSU during his four seasons in Tallahassee, spending the better part of one on crutches while recovering from a broken knee cap he suffered during last year’s season opener against Alabama.

 

#college, #football

s
search
c
compose new post
r
reply
e
edit
t
go to top
j
go to the next post or comment
k
go to the previous post or comment
o
toggle comment visibility
esc
cancel edit post or comment